Our goal is to achieve independent living through provision of quality skilled based education and transition to employment of people with intellectual disabilities.
Our goal is to achieve independent living through provision of quality skilled based education and transition to employment of people with intellectual disabilities
- To link the curricular content in the vocational training center to the employable skills. This activity typically includes the skills necessary for securing employment and pursuing post vocational training opportunities.
- To develop the transition plans from vocational training center. The transition plan is built on three basic propositions. First, upon leaving vocational training the learners with intellectual disabilities shall be engaged in employment. Secondly, the learners with intellectual disabilities will live and participate in community activities in a manner similar to people without disabilities. Thirdly, we expect that the learners will have social networks with family and friends.
- To determine level of preparedness of the learners with intellectual disability for transition. Our focus area is the placement of the learners into employment , provision of support needs and reasonable accommodation at the work station.
- To document the factors that determine graduation readiness among learners with intellectual disability. If proper transition plan is implemented for every learner, then, the older students will easily exit the vocational training after the completion of their trainings.
- To examine the level of engagement of people with intellectual disabilities with their employers. The learners with intellectual disability on graduation should be in a position to perform tasks and jobs that they have learned in vocational classes.